12/29/14

Review: Secret Surrender by Priscilla West

My rating: ★★★
Genre: Surrender #2
Series: new adult, romance, contemporary

Blurb from Goodreads:

“What gives you a thrill Kristen?”

I knew that giving in to Vincent Sorenson was a risk, but it was one I was willing to take. I had hidden my heart for so long and for the first time in a long time, Vincent was close to breaking down the walls.

When a trip to Vincent’s exclusive private island reveals the real Vincent underneath the layers of suave nonchalance, I thought we were close to the start of something special.

Just when things were looking up for us, I would discover the one secret that Vincent never intended for me to find.

My review:

*ARC received through NetGalley in exchange of an honest review*

 I don’t even know where to start *sighs* Oh man. I’m going to try to keep this short and not too negative.

This book was so freaking long. And I feel like nothing important happened. Near the ending it started to be more eventful and just when it started to be very interesting… bam. The end. Cliffhanger. UGH. I feel so frustrated right now, because I KNOW this could have been so much better.

Priscilla is a good writer when it comes to romances and chemistry between two people, but for some reasons her sequels are kind of boring. Forbidden Surrender was good, exciting, eventful, swoon-worthy, etc.… This sequel is barely sexy or exiting, it’s feels extremely long and often boring. I had the same problem with Reckless and Fearless. Is it just me? Or does someone else think the same way? I KNOW Priscilla is capable to write an amazing story, but I just got frustrated with this book.

Kristen started to annoy me in this book too. She got so whiny ughhhh. Vincent was kind of a *** sometimes, but I still liked him. I mean, he IS still a bad-boy.
I don’t know if I like Kristen and Vincent together anymore… It’s just weird. They are so different and Kristen really pissed me off when she started to whine about ‘feeling invisible’ and blah blah.

I know this is all very negative, but in some way I STILL liked the plot (more like ‘the big picture’). I’m still curious about Marty and whatever is going to happen. I really, really, hope the third book will be better! 


No comments:

Post a Comment