10/24/14

Review: Smolder by Lacey Weatherford

My rating: ★★★★★
Genre: new adult, romance, contemporary
Series: Crush #4

Blurb from Goodreads:

The last thing Russ Weston ever wanted was to be called a hero. A normal guy, out doing the job he was trained to do, he’s nothing special—at least he doesn’t think so. All that changes, though, on the day he rescues renowned psychiatrist, Evelyn McKnight, from drowning.
Suddenly thrown in the spotlight, Russ becomes the center of media frenzy and he hates it. One thing he doesn’t hate, however, is the good doctor. Unable to deny the sparks between them, Russ wants Evie in a bad way. Unfortunately for him, Evie seems determined to continue nursing the broken heart she’s been clinging to for years, since the death of her fiancé.

Always up for a good challenge, Russ pursues her anyway, steadily chipping away at her walls of resistance. Just when he thinks he finally has her in his grasp, everything falls apart and Russ discovers that love can be messy, messy, messy.
Desperately trying to pick up the pieces, Russ realizes sometimes when you love someone you have to set them free—even if doing so may cost him Evie, permanently.

My review:

I love the first three books in this series so much. It’s crazy how much I love Cami and Dylan/Hunter. But I always had a special place in my heart for Russ. I was always curious to find out more about him, so of course I was SUPER happy to find out about this book!

Russ is everything I though he was. And even more. I though it wasn’t possible to love him more. Boy, I was so wrong. He’s such an amazing friend, he’s funny, freaking hot (!!!) and so sweet. Yes, he is definitely a hero. Even if he doesn’t think so.

This book is in Russ’ POV, but Cami and Dylan appear a lot in it too. The combination of the two was just perfect. I think my heart burst from happiness in the ending!

This book is super sweet/perfect and I don’t feel like I need to say more, because if you liked the previous books in this series, you will want to read this book for sure.

However, I do have a warning: DO NOT READ THIS BOOK BEFORE THE OTHER BOOKS IN THE SERIES! I know this is a stand-alone/companion, but I think reading this one first is not a good idea. It will be weird because it contains MAYOR spoilers from the rest of the series. You won’t feel the same emotions while reading the rest of the series then or the other way around. Trust me on this.

Anyway, I am super glad how this series ended. I wish there was more, but this book was a very good way to say good-bye to three of my favorite characters ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment