10/13/14

Book Of The Week: Smolder by Lacey Weatherford

Every Sunday I share a book I discovered during the week. I think it's a good idea for you guys if you're looking for random recommendations ;)
If you want to see the previous ones, just click here.

How did I find it?

I read the first three books in this series, so I've been waiting for this book since... forever. If you're not familiar with this series, last week I mentioned them in my weekly recommendations: read it here. This book is kind of a companion. It hasn't the same main characters than the three previous one. This one is about a "side" character: RUSS! I loved him a LOT in Crush, Smitten and Love, so I can't wait to discover his side of the story and read in his POV. 

By the way: this is a companion novel but it CAN be read as a stand-alone! But, if you read this one first, so will be spoiled about the other three books...

What is the book about?


The last thing Russ Weston ever wanted was to be called a hero. A normal guy, out doing the job he was trained to do, he’s nothing special—at least he doesn’t think so. All that changes, though, on the day he rescues renowned psychiatrist, Evelyn McKnight, from drowning.
Suddenly thrown in the spotlight, Russ becomes the center of media frenzy and he hates it. One thing he doesn’t hate, however, is the good doctor. Unable to deny the sparks between them, Russ wants Evie in a bad way. Unfortunately for him, Evie seems determined to continue nursing the broken heart she’s been clinging to for years, since the death of her fiancĂ©.

Always up for a good challenge, Russ pursues her anyway, steadily chipping away at her walls of resistance. Just when he thinks he finally has her in his grasp, everything falls apart and Russ discovers that love can be messy, messy, messy.
Desperately trying to pick up the pieces, Russ realizes sometimes when you love someone you have to set them free—even if doing so may cost him Evie, permanently.

More details about this book:

Series:                Crush #4
Genre:                New adult, romance.
Length:               219 pages
Release date:    October 12th, 2014
Publisher:           Smashwords

Teaser

“Cami seems really nice. I can see why you hold her in such high regard.”
“She’s the best.” I watched as she meandered on toward the hallway, peeking into some of the other rooms. Following closely after her, I enjoyed knowing that she was moving closer to my bedroom.
“Your room?” she asked, pausing in the doorway and I nodded.
“Yeah, it’s bigger than the others and I was able to make a doorway so one of the bathrooms became a suite.”
“It looks very . . . inviting,” she said, softly, glancing at me.
“It is. You should try the bed.” Arching an eyebrow, she looked a bit surprised. “No seriously. Go sit on the bed. Give it a little bounce.” She continued to eye me, but eventually moved forward, slowly sinking to the edge of the bed. The springs protested wildly and she laughed. “You seriously sleep on this thing?” She bounced again and again, making the bed squeak repeatedly.
“I do. I actually requested to keep it. It’s original to the house.” She was still bouncing on it. “How can you get any rest at all? It’s so loud.” Smiling, I shrugged. “I’ve gotten used to it. Though Cami and Dylan seem convinced they’ll be able to tell if I ever entertain anyone of the female variety.” I stared at her pointedly. It took a second, but as soon as she caught my meaning, she instantly stilled.
“Oh, because they’d hear you . . . uh . . . .”
“Going at it?” I supplied with a grin and she blushed heavily. “Maybe Cami thinks I’m up here getting lucky right now.” Her mouth dropped open and her gaze lowered, landing somewhere in the vicinity of my zipper. She flushed, again, when she realized where she was staring and immediately stood.
“I’m sorry. Is it hot in here all of a sudden?” I couldn’t help my continued grin as she pushed past me into the hallway. “Maybe we should go check on Cami.”
Stepping in beside her, I happily followed along. “You looked good on my bed, Doc,” I said, not caring if it was appropriate for me to say so or not. Pausing, she turned to stare at me, and suddenly the hallway felt really small. “You know you can’t say things like that to me, right?” I stepped closer and she moved back, leaning against the wall.
“Yes, I’m aware of that.” I stared down at her lips. They were so close. It would be so easy to capture them...

No comments:

Post a Comment